The public can speak during public hearings or during "Business from the Public" on the agenda. Business from the public is not scheduled for every Council meeting. Speakers will be limited to three minutes, unless extended by the Mayor.
If you want to provide testimony during public hearings you may:
- Email written comments to the staff contact, listed in the agenda or public notice, including your name and subject of the public hearing, before noon on the day of the meeting.
- Testify virtually during the public hearing by emailing the staff contact, listed in the agenda or public notice, before noon on the day of the meeting, with your name; phone number; and if you are speaking for, against, or neutral on the project/subject. The mayor will call upon those who have registered to speak.
- Appear in person at the meeting and register to speak using the signup sheet on the table.
Business from the public
If you want to provide comments during business from the public you may:
- Submit written comments and/or register to speak virtually before noon on the day of the meeting using the Business from the public button on the Meeting Materials page.
- Appear in person at the meeting and register to speak.
- Documents discussed at the meeting that are not in the agenda packet are archived in the record. Documents from staff are posted to the website after the meeting. Documents submitted by the public are available by emailing
Code of Conduct for virtual testimony:
- Microphones should be muted and webcams should be turned off when joining. You will be admitted when it is your turn to speak.
- If a virtual participant disrupts the meeting, their microphone and webcam will be turned off.
- If disruption continues, the participant will be removed from the meeting.
- For questions on City Council business, contact your City Councilors.
- For questions regarding speaking at Council meetings or copies of minutes prior to 2003, contact the City Clerk at
- The summary documents on the Meeting Materials page provide Resolution and Ordinance numbers that were passed by the City Council.