Skip to main content

Did you know that in a high-risk area, your home is more likely to be damaged by flood than by fire? 

Learn more about the flood hazard in your area

Flood maps and flood protection information are available at the Community Development Department on the second floor of City Hall. Find out more by calling 541-917-7550 or go to the Flood Maps or InfoHub for more information.

Floodplain information services

If you live in the City limits, City staff is available to provide specific flood and flood-related information. They can provide information such as a FEMA elevation certificate or a Letter of Map Change, if one is available for your property. City staff can also help you estimate the risk of flooding to your home; and ways to reduce or prevent flood damage to your property; make site visits to review flood, drainage, and sewer problems; and provide and advise and assist on retrofitting techniques.

Floodplain Maps

FEMA Floodplain Maps

You can access flood hazard maps at the FEMA Flood Map Service Center.


The new flood hazard boundary layers were added to the City's Geographic Information System and can be viewed by clicking on the "100-Year Flood" or "Floodway" layers in the Table of Contents. You can zoom into a particular area, or type in an address (do not use ST., AVE., NW, SW, etc. or it will get confused).

Floodplain Development Permits

A permit may be required to build, grade, or fill in a floodplain. To speak with someone about these issues, please call 541-917-7550 (Planning) or 541-917-7553 (Building), or visit the Community Development customer counter, second floor of City Hall, 333 Broadalbin Street SW. Build responsibly and click here to find out more about floodplain development and building permits.

Back to Top