To help aid our community in the treatment and survival of sudden cardiac arrest victims. This program allows the general public to check out an automated external defibrillator (AED) for group events within the Albany Fire Department service area.
- At least 18 years old
- Reviewed "chest compression and AED Video"
- Reviewed the "AED Instructional Video"
- Event must be within the boundaries of the Albany Fire Department service area
- Provided a refundable $500 deposit.
To request a loaner AED:
- Requests for a loaner AED must be received by the Albany Fire Department no later than 5 business days before the intended usage date.
- Approval is subject to availability.
- Approval or denial may be communicated in person, by phone, or by e-mail.
- Upon approval, only a qualified provider who has completed all the eligibility criteria shown above may check out an AED. This individual is responsible for the training, transportation, storage, operation, and return of the AED. Regular and proper maintenance of the equipment is the responsibility of the Albany Fire Department.
- The Qualified Provider will be responsible to:
- Sign a release of liability waiver
- Fill out the "AED Loaner Check List"
- Provide a refundable $500 deposit by credit card, cash, or check (made out to Albany Fire Department). The deposit will be refunded unless the qualified provider fails to return the AED, in the same or similar condition, within 7 days.
- Training and AED pick-up and return is available Monday-Friday, 8:00 am - 4:00 pm. For weekend events, units may be picked up the Friday before the event and returned the following Monday.
- AEDs will not be loaned for longer than 7 days.