About the commission
The Human Relations Commission makes recommendations to the council about activities, programs, ordinances, expenditures, and other appropriate governmental activities that will serve to maintain respectful interactions within Albany. The commission will address concerns and complaints about discrimination through education and available community resources.
Parks & Recreation Director
City Council's annual advisory group recruitment is open now!
|Keith Kolkow C||8/11/2021||Ward 2-a||12/31/2023||—|
|Elyn Fisher||1/30/2023||Ward 1-a||12/31/2023||—|
|Allyson Dean||1/30/2023||Ward 3-a||12/31/2024||—|
|Greg Soriano||2/22/2021||Ward 2-b||12/31/2024||1st|
|Miriam Cummins VC||1/13/2021||Ward 3-b||12/31/2024||1st|
|Jamie Jones||12/15/2021||Ward 1-b||12/31/2025||1st|
C = Chair; VC = Vice Chair
Founding document(s): AMC 2.25
Number of members: 7
Term of office: 3 years.
(Appointments within six months of position start date are considered full term.)
Membership requirements: The city council will endeavor to appoint commissioners who represent a cross-section of the entire community.
Principal place of residence within the jurisdictional limits of the City of Albany. (Res 6797)
Each council member shall have one counterpart with nominations ratified by the Council.
*Minutes are posted when they are approved by the body at a subsequent meeting.
- 2019 HRC Annual Report (2.44MB pdf)
- 2018 HRC Annual Report (2.62MB pdf)
- 2017 HRC Annual Report (6.76MB pdf)
- 2016 HRC Annual Report (4.42MB pdf)
- 2015 HRC Annual Report (1.08MB pdf)
- 2014 HRC Annual Report (3.25MB pdf)
- 2013 HRC Annual Report (4.01MB pdf)
- 2012 HRC Annual Report (2.39MB pdf)
- 2010-2011 HRC Annual Report (1.45MB pdf)
- 2009 HRC Annual Report (2.4MB pdf)
- 2007-2008 HRC Annual Report (3.89MB pdf)