About this commission
The Community Development Commission is established to review and recommend housing, neighborhood revitalization, and community development policies, actions, and programs to the City Council that could be supported with funding primarily with Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funding provided by HUD.
City Council's annual advisory group recruitment is open now!
|Sonja Neperud |
Planning Commission representative
|Emma Deane |
social services representative
|John Robledo |
|Courtney Stubbs VC|
|Alex Johnson II |
City Council representative
|Larry Timm |
economic development representative
|Jim Cole |
|Bessie Johnson |
|Robyn Davis C|
Human Relations Commission representative
|Skylar Bailey |
financial industry representative
C = Chair; VC = Vice Chair
Founding document(s): AMC 2.27
Number of members: 10
Term of office: 3 years.
(Appointments within six months of position start date are considered full term.)
Membership requirements: The City Council shall endeavor to ensure low- and moderate-income persons and minorities are represented on the Commission. The Commission shall consist of members deemed by the Council to have backgrounds as follows:
(1) Three at-large members from the general public.
(2) One rep from the financial industry.
(3) One rep from the housing industry.
(4) One rep with experience in economic development.
(5) One rep from the social services or affordable housing industries.
(6) One rep from the Human Relations Commission.
(7) One rep from the Planning Commission.
(8) One rep from the City Council
Principal place of residence within the jurisdictional limits of the City of Albany. (Res 6797)
Each council member shall have one counterpart with nominations ratified by the Council.