For Immediate Release
April 26, 2023
Julie Jackson, Municipal Manager
Republic Services, Inc.
Trash, Recycling, Yard Waste Pickup Day changing for many Republic Customers in Albany, Lebanon, Linn County, and Scio
Effective May 8, many Republic Services customers in Albany, Lebanon, Linn County, and Scio will have a new trash, recycling, and yard waste pickup day. Pick up days for customers in Millersburg and Harrisburg will not change. Republic Services sent postcards the week of April 17 to affected customer’s address informing them of their new pickup day.
“Albany and surrounding Linn County are growing, and for many years we accommodated new neighborhoods by adding them to existing routes as they made sense,” said Julie Jackson, Municipal Manager for Republic Services in western Oregon. “But eventually we need to do a re-route to maximize efficiency and get routes back to manageable sizes. We are at that point now.”
In addition to postcard mailers, Republic is notifying customers of route changes by:
- Partnering with affected cities to post information on social media
- Updates by May 7 to the region-dedicated website: https://www.republicservices.com/municipality/albany-or
- Call blasts on May 7 and to customers the day before their new collection for the following two weeks.
- An advertisement in the May 6 issue of the Albany Democrat-Herald.
- Customers will be able to see their new pickup day on the Republic Services website and in the app beginning May 5. The app is available to download on both Apple and Android devices.
About Republic Services
Republic Services, Inc. is a leader in the environmental services industry. Through its subsidiaries, the Company provides customers with the most complete set of products and services, including recycling, solid waste, special waste, hazardous waste, container rental and field services. Republic's industry-leading commitments to advance circularity, reduce emissions and decarbonize operations are helping deliver on its vision to partner with customers to create a more sustainable world. For more information, visit RepublicServices.com, or follow us at facebook.com/RepublicServices or Republic Services on LinkedIn.